Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing


Okay, first let me say that the Jack Johnson video doesn't really have anything to do with this post.  I just happened to think of the blog title that was the same as the song and couldn't resist sharing this awesome video that I love, but back on topic....

I have now arrived at my least favorite part of the hiring process.  I edited and rearranged my resume to try to fit as much pertinent information as possible and think I accomplished making it the strongest I could.  I wrote cover letters that, well at least I hope, stand out from the crowd and present my qualifications in a unique way.  I spent ages researching companies in the Boston area that have internships available in the fall and I even sent applications to many companies that don't actually have internships posted right now (daring I know). 

So now I have sent out emails to 17 different publishing companies practically begging them for the chance to work for free.  Now what?   All I feel that I can do is sit, wait, and wish that someone will respond.  In the words of Cher Horowitz "I feel impotent and out of control and I really hate that!". 

So, wish me luck and send me good vibes!

No comments:

Post a Comment